Thursday, February 19, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

One of my new "friends" in the blogging world tagged me for this award......MY FIRST! I can't say that I've been very good about keeping up with this, and it's been a few days since she did it, but here I am now and I promise I'm going to do better and start blogging about some of my interest such as decorating and "decorating" the outside of my home also. I can't wait for spring.

I am supposed to tell 10 honest things about myself and then tag 7 people to do the same..so here I go:

1. I got married 3 weeks after high school graduation.
2. I have been married to the same man for 37 years.
3. I started dating (or sneekin with) my hubby when I was 13.
4. I absolutely LOVE ice cream, mint chocolate is my favorite.
5. I will fly, but am scared to death everytime I do.
6. My oldest brother was killed in a plane crash, hence #5.
7. I cannot wear anything that has not been ironed (yes I iron everything)
8. I have always wished that I had a sister and am jealous of my friends who do.
9. I miss my daddy more everyday and cannot believe he's been gone 7 years.
10. I love the mountains and the beach, in that order.

Now for the 7 people I tag:

Susan at BETWEEN NAPS ON THE PORCH
Gloria at Happy to Be
Helen at Living Boldly
Susie at Digging in the Dirt
Becky at Looking Through the Eyes of Luv
Lynne at Lynne's Gifts from the Heart
God's Girl at Contentment Corner

Let me know when you post your 10 things so I can be sure and come see them!

It's cold here again and I'm SICK of it. Everyone here is getting sick from 70's one day and 30's the next. My daughter has strep and I'm just hoping that we all don't end up with it since she lives here and came in the den this morning before going to the dr., opened her mouth and said "look at my throat". Of course, I looked at her, turned away and told her that I wanted no part of it, and wasn't getting in her face to look in her throat. I did that enough when she was a little girl!! Actually, I seriously didn't want to get that close and chance getting sick. So far this winter, I haven't had the "crud" and I'm trying really hard not to.

Have a great Friday!

Vicki

2 comments:

  1. Vicki congrats on your first of many to come awards...but girl I already did this one in Dec...but how kind of you to think of me...now on my side bar is my award it called the "hugs and smiles" smiley face from gloria please pick it up girl..thank you again..hope you have a great day...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, I too received this award not too long ago. Thanks for thinking of me though. I enjoyed reading your top 10.

    Good luck with not getting sick. My hubbie has had bronchitis for several weeks and I was diagnosed just this week with an upper respiratory tract infection. One thing I can't stand is being sick.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete