Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Brrrrrr, it's cold!


Well, I said I was ready for warmer weather and it only seemed to get colder outside. I am so ready to get outside and "do something"! Of course, Ronnie says when "I" want to do something, it only means one thing for him. And that is true. We work as a team.....I think of the ideas, picture them in my mind, then tell him what it is supposed to look like......then he gets busy. I've never been a "digger" in the dirt although for the last few years, I had done alot more that I have in the past. It really doesn't have much to do with the fact that I don't like doing it, I think my ADD just kicks in. You see, I can come up with a million ideas and if they could be done in a few hours, ok, minutes, I would be great to help. But we all know it doesn't work that way. I will start a project, and in a little while, I'm on to something else and you guessed it....it's not usually finished. Poor Ronnie, after about half an hour, hour at the most, he's on his own. Oh, I'll come back and "check" on him (just to make sure he's still working), I don't leave him alone, but I just can't do anything for hours at a time. Now, ok, I have been know to sit at the computer for hours at a time, but I can get up, get something to drink, go to the potty, then come back. That's not a problem for me......at all. This spring may be a little different for us this year. Ronnie had a heart attack back in December and I'm not sure exactly what he'll be able to do. He says he'll be doing what he does every summer, but we'll see. You see, I'm really not a "slave driver" with him about working in the yard. He mows about 5, maybe 6 yards a week. He started doing that when we were younger and needed the extra money, then when he lost his job several years ago, he said he would never go back to "corporate" America again, and started mowing yards as his job. About 3 years or so ago, he went back to work in a printing company and had a few customers that he really liked and didn't want to give them up, so he went to work 4 days a week and mows grass on one day. He says he will still do it this year and that it is his "relaxation", I think he means that I can't talk to him while he is riding the mower!! Anyway, we'll see how this summer goes and how much extra "stuff" we get to do around here.

Hoping you're warmer there than we are here, only low 30's today!

Vicki

7 comments:

  1. Hey Vicki, I know what you mean about getting a great idea, start working on it, and about an hour or so you are wondering, what was I thinking.

    Of course when it comes to yard work I pretty much stick to my idea. My hubbie does all the mowing and I pretty much do everything that has to do with flowers/planting. He will help if I need him. Sounds like Ronnie has found something he really enjoys doing. I guess sometimes losing a big job like that puts us really where we want to be.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. We live outside of Jackson. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki.. I'm a woman of action and full of ideas as well. With hubbies health issues we're facing I've had to scale back alot of the plans..but still have the dreams... good luck with putting yours into works..
    hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki,
    So glad to have you in our little blogging village! Funny how most of us are RMS graduates! I still have my spaces there but hardly ever go back there. What was your "name" on RMS?
    Well, the other thing we have in common is that I've also met Susan from Naps on the Porch in real life!!! I live in Acworth which is about 20 min. NW of Marietta. It was a lot of fun!
    Welcome and hoping your grandson is feeling better by the minute!
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Vicki! I have 'stumbled' upon your blog and want to say welcome and it's good to know you! I was a lot like you, an RMSer (livebold and now livingboldly) but I think I only have one image there now. It's just too much work to get in, leave a comment, etc. And the folks I grew to care so much about are no longer there. I discovered that a few people who left RMS had started blogs and I, too, stayed way on the sidelines for at least six months. Then curiosity just got the better of me and in November I jumped in. I don't have a ton of expertise in any one thing, I don't post every day - maybe 2-3 times a week during a good week, and I have had to educate myself when it comes to design. If you look at my blog you will see the free website I used to create my background. The photos on my sidebar are all the same size and I don't think I can (or want to) change that. When you put a photo from your computer into a post it's easy to click on it and literally drag it down or up with your mouse (not sideways) to where you want it to be. You also have (as I'm certain you know) the ablility to place photos in a post left, center, right, small, medium or large. Same with text in terms of size or centering, etc. You are well on your way and I will continue to visit you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to say hello. I've been so busy lately that I haven't been a very good blog friend.

    Brrrr...it's chilly here in the Sunshine state.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey GM Girl...Welcome to the wonderful world of Blogging..you'll love it here so much more user friendly than RMS we can get around here without being cut off or so slow...I so remember you from RMS..come and see me some time..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your home and land...So beautiful! That's great that your hubby enjoys mowing. I think it is a relaxing thing to do too. By the way, my sister lives in Louisiana..your neighbor state.

    ReplyDelete