Friday, September 11, 2009

Just hangin in the wind

I know it looks like this leaf is falling, but it's not! Jacob and I were outside on Labor Day and he pointed and said "look Grammy". I was looking all around and couldn't decide what he was talking about until he pointed at the leaf. It was "just hangin" there. I know there had to be some kind of "web" or something to hold it to the tree, but it truly was invisible. We stood and watched for a while while it did nothing :), you would have thought we were waiting for it to do tricks or something! I thought about that leaf several times during the day, of course, it did eventually fall, but I would catch myself thinking about it and think about how such little things can amuse us. I guess God uses different ways to entertain us.

I'm still waiting for fall weather to arrive here in north Mississippi. I always get so anxious aboaut this time of year, it seems like the cool crisp temps will never get here.

On another not so pleasant note, please don't forget to say a quick prayer for the families of the 9/11 victims. I'll never forget how eerie things were that day with the sky empty and quiet, we live real close to the airport so LOTS of planes fly over our area.

What were you doing when you first heard the news?

Have a great weekend,

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment